In the Stillness of the Night

It is very quiet and has been bitterly cold all day; OH has gone up and left me downstairs to my own devices. It is too quiet and it has gone warmer I am expecting it to snow it has been forecast but it is just a matter of when. It always warms up just before the snow falls or at least that is how it appears to me.

When I am on my own I love the time alone to reflect on what has happened and to sort things out in my head and to plan my way through the slalom of life. Sometimes things are plain sailing another time more troublesome and sometimes you have to retreat and then regroup. It’s a time to do meditation and healing.

I am not sleepy and I tend to wake up when I should be fast asleep in my bed the sleep and the rest would do me good but I have a lot on my mind and a lot of things I want to accomplish there is a lot to do but best done as little chunks at a time. There is a lot to do and so little time to do it so I need to keep focused and the still of the night is like a soothing balm to my troubled brow. But I can sense things are changing deep within me – I know the change is imminent but patience never was one of my strong points.Change is always unsettling one part of me always wants to greet it the other is terrified as my footing is not so firm and is like shifting sands. I like my feet on terra firma.

Sometimes I feel so alone as though no one understands me – really knows who I am as though I am off centre and adrift; I have always been slightly different. On other occasions I need to be alone to recharge and make sense of all the turbulence and hurly burly of the previous days and to get things straight and focused in my own mind.

I usually start with a meditation as this soothes me or listen to music – music is good for manifesting your dreams; but it is also the time when I also do my absent healing and general healing for all those in need.

It is late, I have just stretched my legs and gone and changed into my pjs and poked my head out of the back door. The snow has fallen and landed coating everything in a thick blanket of white frozen snow – and its getting colder. I thought it had as it somehow seemed warmer and quieter in the house. When it snows it sort of cushions all sounds and you tend to lose the echo

I love to watch the snow falling; it’s as though the Angels in Heaven are having a major housekeeping sort out and in shaking up their pillows and bashing and prodding and fluffing them up a great big Angel Pillow fight where lots of fluffy lacy snowflakes are created and fall to earth quietly and silently.

We shall just have to wait and see what morning brings

Comments

Popular Posts