Valentines Day Part 2




I suppose deep down I am really a romantic at heart and a dreamer to boot - not a good combination. I sit watching an old movie and get so involved in it tears end up streaming down my face as I live the part of the character. Everyone else laughs at me, but I can't help the dreaming, fiction a form of escapism from the real world. But it is the words I love - every word has meaning every intonation every nuance can create a special world. I love reading and I love poetry and attach some of my favourite poems below to share with you. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

The first is a well known song, and probably better known in this format and yet the words are so beautiful themselves.

Beautiful Dreamer Serenade
by Stephen C. Foster

Beautiful dreamer, wake unto me,
Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
Sounds of the rude world heard in the day,
Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd a way!

Beautiful dreamer, queen of my song,
List while I woo thee with soft melody;
Gone are the cares of life's busy throng,—
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!
Beautiful dreamer awake unto me!

Beautiful dreamer, out on the sea
Mermaids are chaunting the wild lorelie;
Over the streamlet vapors are borne,
Waiting to fade at the bright coming morn.

Beautiful dreamer, beam on my heart,
E'en as the morn on the streamlet and sea;
Then will all clouds of sorrow depart,—
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!
Beautiful dreamer, awake unto me!


BEWARE CUPID IS FIRING HIS ARROWS RIGHT AT YOUR HEART BEWARE WHERE THEY LAND




Another favourite, and one which is very romantic - but with a twist:-

The Owl and the Pussy-Cat
by Edward Lear


I
The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea
In a beautiful pea-green boat,
They took some honey, and plenty of money,
Wrapped up in a five-pound note.
The Owl looked up to the stars above,
And sang to a small guitar,
"O lovely Pussy! O Pussy, my love,
What a beautiful Pussy you are,
You are,
You are!
What a beautiful Pussy you are!"

II
Pussy said to the Owl, "You elegant fowl!
How charmingly sweet you sing!
O let us be married! too long we have tarried:
But what shall we do for a ring?"
They sailed away, for a year and a day,
To the land where the Bong-Tree grows
And there in a wood a Piggy-wig stood
With a ring at the end of his nose,
His nose,
His nose,
With a ring at the end of his nose.

III
"Dear Pig, are you willing to sell for one shilling
Your ring?" Said the Piggy, "I will."
So they took it away, and were married next day
By the Turkey who lives on the hill.
They dined on mince, and slices of quince,
Which they ate with a runcible spoon;
And hand in hand, on the edge of the sand,
They danced by the light of the moon,
The moon,
The moon,
They danced by the light of the moon.








And the final poem:-

A Red, Red Rose
by Robert Burns

O my Luve is like a red, red rose
That’s newly sprung in June;
O my Luve is like the melody
That’s sweetly played in tune.

So fair art thou, my bonnie lass,
So deep in luve am I;
And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a’ the seas gang dry.

Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi’ the sun;
I will love thee still, my dear,
While the sands o’ life shall run.

And fare thee weel, my only luve!
And fare thee weel awhile!
And I will come again, my luve,
Though it were ten thousand mile.





Roses are read violets are blue
Sugar is sweet and so are you










I was lucky enough to find these images on a book entitled Instant Memories: Love which is a ready to use scrapbook of pages that can be used straight out of the book or straight from an additional CD which is at the back of the book. The ISBN No 1-4027-2642-2 and is published by Sterling Publishing Co. Inc. I found this book greatly reduced. I do hope you agree with me that the images are beautiful and Charming.

Comments

Popular Posts