My Mums Sweet Scones

I love this scone recipe of my mum's as it is quite versatile and they are delicious spread with butter.

Ingredients

8oz S.R. Flour
Pinch of Salt
2oz Margarine
1/4 pint of milk
1oz of sugar

Sift the flour into a bowl through a sieve add the salt. I use Stork block Margarine chilled and cut it into tiny chunks. I then rub into the flour until like fine breadcrumbs. I then add the sugar and mix in well. I then add the milk keeping a small amount back in an egg cup for glazing the top of the scones. Mix until all the crumbs are incorporated into the mix. Clump together and then roll out leaving the rolled out thickness quite deep. Cut out into rings or leave as is and put onto a greased baking tray glaze and then cook for 10 to 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. If you leave it as a large bap cake when this is cool you can then cut into slices and spread with butter. Its just the presentation that is different.

Comments

Popular Posts