Pattypans Hot Mushroom Dressing

I like mushrooms in moderation and I have to be in the mood to eat them. However, one day having got more salad to use up and not really knowing how to dress it up a bit I did a bit of experimentation with what was in the fridge at the time. All I had in there were some oyster mushrooms, butter some salad leaves and tomato, cucumber and onion. I thought that this would be a bit bland and to fill the plate up a bit I gently cooked the oyster mushrooms in butter and oil and they went golden brown on the edges and they were very tasty. The ideal hot dressing for pouring over a bag of mixed lettuce leaves. Go on try it - it really works and if you want to pep it up a bit you can always add some garlic or some chilli. The butter from the cooked mushrooms makes a lovely drizzly sauce for the lettuce/mixed salad leaves. Give it a try.

Comments

Popular Posts