Pattypan's Flapjacks

I have been making this recipe for flapjacks for years, the original recipe was for half the amount that I use, but then it was a less deep pan that was recommended for use, whereas I use one pan, but deeper so that you get nice chunky slices of flapjack. They go down very well on charity days that we have at work. But to get maximum results I nurse the mixture once it is in the oven checking every so often until the mixture turns a nice golden brown without being overdone.

Oven setting 335 degrees F Gas Mark 3

Ingredients:

8oz margarine
8 level tablespoons golden syrup
6oz granulated sugar
16oz rolled oats
1/2 level teaspoon of salt

Grease your chosen tin well.

Put margarine and syrup in the pan and leave over a low heat until has melted together remove from the heat and then add the sugar, oats and salt. Mix and combine thoroughly.

Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and even out. Cook in a moderate for oven for between 30 to 40 minutes until golden brown (depends on your oven as to the timings, so be careful to nurture it).

Take out the oven and let cool for approximately 5 minutes or so. I then using a plastic spatula mark out slices. I then leave to cook and finish off on a baking rack. Once cool I use a knife on a board to cut into segments.

Enjoy these are very Moorish.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan 

x

Comments

Popular Posts