Gooseberry Vodka

I have been playing again over the weekend. The gooseberries literally fell out of the freezer saying use me use me - and being as I couldn't quite get them in again I succumbed and emptied them into a preserving jar with about an ounce of sugar and topped up with a litre bottle of Voddie. Naughty me!


The intention is once the fruit and voddie have macerated together that I will strain off and then add a little elderflower syrup so in effect will have a Gooseberry and Elderflower tipple. Well thats the plan anyway. Will let you know how it goes. I may do half and half i.e. half the liquid just goosebery and the balance gooseberry and elderflower. Something else for the booze cabinet for Chrimbo. Ooh that word again.

Comments

  1. Wow! You've had such a busy week! I've been looking at Christmas planning too. It's got to be done to stay ahead of the game.

    I hope your Mum is doing well now, hugs to you all

    Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gooseberry vodka sounds lovely. So you utilize your both vodka and gooseberry to make a new flavor of vodka great. The process is very simple and easy to make.In stead of elderflower we can use our favorite fruit also like strawberry,pineapple etc.I like to taste this handmade gooseberry vodka drink with food and Cuban Cigars,which I buy online.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts