Whole Lemon Drink

We all get fed up of drinking the same old things day in day out. My staple is tea, but I am currently going through a phase where I am looking for something different my palate is tired off it. I have been on my fruit teas as a result. I am trying to cut back on the amount of my sugar intake as well so maybe this has something to do with it, but I have been looking for something fresh, something to quench my thirst rather than add to it.

I have spent the evening listening to the T.V. and browsing through some of my cookery books that I haven't looked in for a while and I found this recipe. Its from Mary Berry's Food Processor Cookbook, but it is very refreshing, easily made and best of all it has no nasties in it and costs hardly anything. It doesn't keep very long, so for minimal costs you could make up a fresh batch every day and keep it in the fridge. I have a fridge jug that I keep in the door of the fridge and then serve as and when it is needed. It makes approximately 1 pint.

Requirements: Food Processor

Ingredients: 1 lemon cut into quarters
1 pint of chilled cold water
1 to 2 tablespoons of caster sugar to taste

Method:

Set the food processor up with the normal metal blade. Place the quartered lemon into the processor bowl. With the machine running, add the water through the feed tube, then add sugar to suit your palate. Continue until the fruit is finely processed. Strain into a jug and serve chilled with lost of ice and mint sprigs.

Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts