Dinner Rolls

Lets just say I have been in the mood to play with cooking this weekend and I have really enjoyed it. Rooted me down, given me perspective after weeks of not being able to settle to anything. But I love cooking and I love food and lets just say the bread machine has been dusted down a little.

Dinner Rolls makes a dozen
Ingredients

1 1/4 cups water
4 tablespoons of butter
1 egg beaten
3 cups white bread flour
2 tablespoons of dry milk
2 tablespoons sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Plus 1 egg beaten to brush the top of the rolls

Method

Follow the general instructions for your individual bread machine

Using the normal or dough mode put the ingredients into your machine in the recommended order for your machine

Take the dough out when it bleeps

Divide the dough into 12 balls and shape

Place on a greased baking sheet cover with cling film or with a clean tea towel

Leave to rise/prove somewhere warm for about 40 minutes

Brush each roll with beaten egg

Bake in a pre-heated oven 350 degrees F for 15 minutes or until golden brown



Comments

  1. Your dinner rolls look fantastic Pattypan =) I can't wait to try your recipe. I bake bread everyday for my family and I'm always looking for new recipes. Thanks...Pammypoo from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi pammypoo welcome to my blog. I was quite pleased with the result as I hadn't made these before, its made me drag some of my other books out to see if I can find any other bread recipes to see if they work for me so that I can share with everyone else. I am also looking at trdional bread recipes as well as I am just doing the initial dough process in the bread machine apart from when I make a big loaf!

    Take care

    pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts