More Cherries

Well so far I have had about 32lb of cherries off the tree and that is not even stripping it. I have therefore been very busy stripping the stalks from the cherries, washing them, drying and them and then storing them in 1 lb bags.   Needless to say the bulk of the cherries have gone into the freezer, for when I have more time to process them - although some are destined for pies, and crumbles apart from the 12lb that I preserved in syrup at the start of operations.  I think I must be desperately odd as I actually enjoy preparing stuff even if there is loads of it and making different things with the raw material.  I just wish I had the space to do more.  Its certainly the biggest harvest have had off the tree to date.  I am still rooting for that place in the country with the roses round the door and room to have a proper orchard, and fruit garden (probably all pie in the sky - but its a dream and something to aim for - and it is my dream).  One day!

 I have however made Cherry Ratafia and also started off the Rumptopf and also am having a play with the Sugared Cherries recipe.  Have put a 1 lb cherries to one side and they are currently soaking in the syrup.  They have to dry off yet so it will least be a three to four day operation (if not more).  Thought that this might make a different  preserve to put on the Christmas table on the sweetmeats front.  Will let you know how I get on with this.

Will have another go at probably getting a few more tomorrow if I can as I have found a nice recipe for a cherry preserve which might be nice in a sponge cake.

Simple things give the most pleasure.

Pattypan

Comments

  1. Trish,

    I have just picked a large bunch of parsley not sure how to dry it, in the microwave or hang it up, how do you do yours?????

    Csarina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts