2010.10.02 My Day Part 2

Its been a good day and I have enjoyed myself.   Half way through cleaning the fridge out mum called to catch up.   It turns out that I was not the only one who had been out for the day either.  Friends had taken my mum out to Melton Mowbray and they had had a nice day out there. Bless her she has bought me a proper Melton Mowbray pork pie back.  So it really has been a foodie kind of day. Mum also said that the family friends had taken her back home past the cottage that we used to live in when I was a nipper and where my brother was born.  She said it hadn't changed hardly at all.  It was one of the lodge cottages to Gunthorpe Hall. It sounds as though she has had a lovely day out as well. So we are popping over to see her and play catch up tomorrow during the day; and collect the pork pie.

OH was hungry as was I  after our day out so he had his whelks with some bread and butter and I had some cockles and very tasty they were too.  As we had had a late "dive in" meal subsequently I didn't start cooking our main tea until gone 7.00 p.m.  We have had the "T" Bone steak with fried onions, field mushrooms cooked in butter and garlic, home made chips and a Duck egg each.  Neither of us had tried Duck eggs before and we quite enjoyed them. The steak was very tasty as we everything else.  I am now stuffed.

I have the jam pan on at the moment with some Apricot and Amaretto conserve on the go.  I was thinking it should be nice in a home made bread and butter pudding.

Got to go for now the buzzer on the pan is beeping.

Pattypan

xx 

Comments

Popular Posts