2010.11.06 My Day

Did not start well as I am absolutely stuffed wtih cold again.  It was made more miserable by the fact that I had to cancel my mum coming to lunch tomorrow, as her resistance is even lower than mine, so its best to steer clear rather than make her really poorly.  So her visit has been put off until next weekend.

I paid my usual visit to the veg shop, not really getting very much, but I needed veg for tea and also for tomorrow. Bought a cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, sweet potato (a purple one which haven't had before), some garlic, oranges, mandarins, 4 kg of pickling onions, 4.5 kg shallots, some parsnips and some dates.

I had wanted to get on with making some chutneys today as well as doing some baking, but have just not been up to it and so have been pottering around researching articles and writing them from the sofa in the warmth. Its been nice to be in the house and not having to do very much.  Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow.

I cooked tea tonight rib eye steak with mashed potatoes, fried leeks, chopped cabbage, onion gravy  and could not eat very  much.  Don't really feel like doing much at all feel very grotty. Have been dosing on lemsip and also drinking lots of hot ribena, in an effort to keep myself feeling more comfortable, but feel really yuk at the moment.  There is a lot of this going around at work and with air conditioning as well it just does not help matters.


I was called over by my friend this afternoon the one who I gave a cookery demonstration to on how to make meringues.  She had bought herself all sorts of bits for doing some more cooking and had also saved two of the meringues for my OH and I to try.  They weren't too bad at all.


Its been cold today and is a really cold evening; supposed to be a frost and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we got one.


The fireworks are going off in the street, its upsetting the animals they do not like it all.  Missy keeps barking back and growling at the loud bangs, and the cats have gone through to the back of the house. Hopefully it will stop soon.


Hope you are all okay wherever you are.

Take care

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Tricia,

    Sorry to hear you are not feeling well, keep taking the pills and keep warm, hope you are feeling better soon.

    Love,

    Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne bit easier than yesterday but still full of cold (only about three weeks since the last one). Truoble is people come into work with colds and it is spread round the office by the air conditioning. I then end up with it and becaue of my wonky immune system I end up with it double the strength that they do and then I end up having to take time off. Vicious circle. Hope Edwin is more comfortable now and hope you are looking after yourself as well. Take care sweetheart and many blessings to you both.

    Tricia (aka Pattypan)

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts