Collecting Recipes

We all have recipes that we use on a regular basis or family recipes that have been passed down from time immemorial. In common practice these little gems (well in our family at least and I suspect in many others too) have been written down on slips of paper, which are quite easy to loose. 

A few years ago I bought the Lark Rise to Candleford Cookery book set (If you get the chance to acquire this - don't miss up it is a very useful little set) and own recipe book which I have been filling in with those little gems ever since.  Sadly this is now getting full, and mindful that I still wanted to carry on doing this, I have obtained a pretty hard back book with good quality plain paper inside and I have been  writing in the recipes ever since.  It is not perfect in that the recipes are a little higgledy piggledy  and in my scrawly handwriting, but at least they are somewhere safe and with just a little time looking through will be easily accessible and a record of what recipe took my fancy when, a little like a time traveller going back in time metaphorically speaking, and also a reference library  to keep in the family for a future date.

Comments

Popular Posts