2011.08.14 My day

Its been a good day, but as usual has gone far too quickly!

Following on from this morning I have been making chutney a Pineapple Coriander and Lime Relish and a Hot Hedgerow Chutney.  We went for the second time foraging down the riverbank and I picked over 1kg of blackberries which I have used in the chutney.  The next batch of blackberries will be for some more blackberry and apple jam, and I also want to make some bramble jelly,probably a couple of lots.  Then anymore will be frozen or bottled for puddings during the winter months.  

The Pineapple Relish

The Hot Hedgerow Chutney


I also picked some elderberries  so I may do some elderberry jelly - didn't get lots but enough to fiddle around with the berries are just starting to turn purple and hang their heads with their weight.  I am trying to make the best use of what is around.  OH has agreed to take me again during the week.  I love all this squirrelling away and putting things down to eat during the colder months.  So today I have been quite industrious, the sage, bottling the already dried, and hanging up fresh bunches to dry 3 bottles of the pineapple relish, 4 of the Hot Hedgerow Chutney (this also tastes scrummy by the way).

Since being home have cooked tea - we haven't had a roast this weekend.  OH got a bargain with rib eye steak at the butchers 5 8oz steaks for £17 and they cut like butter, needless to say it all went down extremely quickly and it tasted as good as it looks.

I have also been out into the garden and gathered the blackberries out of the garden too - not as many as last week the picking is slowing up but still enough to do something with.  I am sort of debating whether to make some Apple and Blackberry muffins or pancakes with blackberries and ice cream.

Whats left over of today's puffball

Elderberries prepared for use

The sage rubbed and bottled - will add to it once the rest is dried

A big bunch of fresh sage ready for drying


I have also took the elderberries off their stalks in preparation of doing something with them tomorrow

So its been a busy day but I am chuffed with what I got done.

Hope your day has been a good one too

Catch you all soon

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. My mouth's watering again! Rib eye, my favourite.
    I've just been blog-hopping and found this one I thought you'd be interested in..
    http://www.eatweeds.co.uk/
    I found a couple of recipes I fancied there, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I like the look of that site. Thank you Rose - I can see why. Am going to have a good mosy round this one. Thank you

    Pattypan

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful bounty from your foraging.
    Delish looking dinner also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts