2011.09.18 My Day

Hello everyone, its been a busy day today was up at 6.00 a.m. to finish the cleaning as my mum came for lunch today, so I wanted everything to be as spick and span  I had cleaned the lounge windows yesterday, but today I have also had the washer on and off all day and have a huge ironing pile to start tackling tomorrow night when I get home.  We don't normally have our dinner until late, but when Mum comes we try and have it early so that it keeps her in routine with her medication etc,

Its been a lovely day; we had roast chicken, roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, cauliflower cheese, carrots, honey roast parsnips, sweet potato and it was delicious.  After letting lunch settle we skiddaddled off to a new garden centre in Peterborough called Dobbies and Mum and I had a really good look round and spent a rather amiable 2 hours constantly chatting and having a nose and window shopping.  Its been good to spend quality time together. We then came home and home made milky hot chocolate with a frothy top, which warmed us up nicely, mum stayed a bit longer, didn't want any tea as was stuffed from lunch and we then took her home.

I have just flopped and watched the TV  (Downton Abbey) and took some photos of Dimitri who is getting his feet under the table.

Its been cold here this evening although we have not put the heating on yet.  I have bunged another jumper on.  I am not going to be late to bed tonight as back to work tomorrow.  I just have to go about retrieving two cats who have gone out to play for a while. 

Angie, promised to post recipes for mint cordial, will do tomorrow night for you.

Wherever you are take care, be safe and keep warm
[hugs]

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Your Sunday lunch sounds delicious as always :o)
    We have a Dobbies about 2.5 miles from home, so I'm often found mooching around the 'Sale' plants. Why pay full price when you can buy the just finished flowering perenials at vastly discounted prices ready for next year?
    The last lot I bought saved me about £30!
    Have a great week - don't work too hard ;o)
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts