2011.09.25 My Day

I set the alarm for 7.30 a.m. but slept through until 9.30 a.m.  I then got up, sorted the animals out, grabbed a cup of tea and we then went for a walk down by the river.  The walk was lovely as usual and this time round I got some more elderberries and some rosehips.  For apple and elderberry jelly and rosehip and apple jelly for the pantry store.  We came back and I have done a lot more cleaning, washing up and drying up and I have also washed my patchwork quilt and got it nice and dry again.  I still haven't really started with the pantry as I keep getting waylaid but will get there eventually and the lists etc will be done.

Then I put the bread on, which I have reported on separately.  The bread is lovely though and I am well chuffed with it.

We have had a late tea tonight, Roast Chicken, cooked in butter and fresh thyme, roast potatoes, roast parsnips, minted peas, colcannon, cauliflower, carrots, cabbage and what is left over will be used for bubble and squeak for tomorrow's night tea with what's left of the chicken the carcass of which will be boiled up for stock for soup and gravy.

Well am going to watch Downton Abbey and then get everything ready for work tomorrow.

Take care wherever you may be

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts