Last Post

Last post for today.  I have just finished processing the last of the rosehips I picked this morning.  They will be dried tomorrow. 

I thought I would just go out and get a breath of fresh air  and peek at the moon.  It is full moon tonight, but when I went out of the house to see her - not a sign.  I even walked up the street and round the corner, as sometimes it is difficult to see her from the house - but not a sausage.  I thought I might get a glimpse of her in all her glory so whether there is too much cloud about  I am not sure.  There is something spendid, magical and secretive about the moon.  I have a picture of a lady and children in a moon boat on my bedroom wall.  It is an old print from I guess about the 1950's that I picked up from a charity shop in a tatty condition but I have reframed it and it has been restored to its former glory just with a little love care and attention.  And that is what I think the moon does for us, beams down on all of us her children, bringing promise of love light inspiration and hope of good things to come.

As the words of the song say:

When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires will come to you

If your heart is in your dreams, no request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star as dreamers do

(Fate is kind, she brings to those who love
The sweet fulfillment of their secret longing)

Like a bolt out of the blue, fate steps in and sees you thru
When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true

Writer: Leigh Harline; Lyrics: Ned Washington
And what is the Moon but a big star to wish upon especially at full moon.

I had hoped to put my crystals out to cleanse in her moonbeams, but sadly they will have to wait.

Whilst I was out it has started to rain - whether it is a passing shower on the speed of the wind I am not sure.  The wind is rough and no doubt I shall be sung to sleep by her constant moaning muttering and murmerings the melody constantly changing (that is if my constant companion will let me sleep she is currently snuggled up next to me, not letting me move an inch purring away)

Sweet dreams

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts