2011.10 15/16 My Weekend

Well its been a busy one yesterday was spent mainly washing and getting everything dried on the line as much as I could anyway.  I now have a lot of ironing to do, but will do this a bit at a time during the week.  I had a visit to the veg shop but didn't buy much just a few basics, and a couple of bargains.  I managed to get a porcelain mould from the Charity shop which I will either use for a jelly or for a cheese - jury is out at the moment as to what I do with it.

Tomorrow evening I have some clementine water ice and also some clementine curd to prepare - I managed to get some clementines at a good price. Some of the peels will be dried the rest put into the vinegar cleaning jar.  My small ice cream bowl has therefore been put in the freezer in readiness.  I also bought carrots, coriander a large parsnip, shallots, pickling onions and some lemons, mangoes and eggs, cabbage, cauliflower and Yorkshire Celery.

To start with today we have walked Missy a good mile or more. Not where we normally go but a place that we used to go to quite a bit as kiddies.  It has changed quite a bit but we walked a good mile or so and let Missy run freely.  She never stands still and is always on the go.  Today I have been to see my mum for a little while.  She is going to be having some building works done soon, and we have made a start on sorting the garage out and get rid of some of the rubbish. There is a lot to do.  However we have found a few things that were not known about but I will tell more about them after next weekend.  We have come back with loads of bits and bobs including a home made apple pie.  For tea tonight we have had roast chicken, roast potatoes, roast parsnip, bread sauce, home made stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, cauliflower and cabbage with lashings of home made vegetable gravy.  We were too stuffed to have the apple pie so that will come in handy for tomorrow night with some home made custard.  The cats have each had some chicken for their supper as well as Missy.  They are all flopped around the house fast asleep at the moment.  My hair is all washed and I am jim jammed up ready to go up the wooden stairs to Bedfordshire.  I put a blanket on the bed last night as it was a tad chilly and I like to be cosy.

Catch you all shortly take care wherever you are and be safe, happy and content

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. Sounds like a busy but enjoyable weekend :o) I've been doing a project, and have been capturing hedgehogs! As soon as I get half an hour today I MUST make a post!
    Enjoy that apple pie :o) and I hope your Mom's building work goes well.
    Have a great week.
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very productive and enjoyable weekend :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts