Genealogy and Researching Your Family Tree

I have been doing a lot of research in the past week or so into my family tree.  It is something that I have been doing on and off for the last 15 years or so and gradually the information is coming to hand.  I have a lot of family bibles that were passed on to me, which in turn will get passed on to the younger generation in due course.  Last week I have been able to find lots of information about my mum and my Dad's side of the family information which had been lost within the family for one reason or another.  Genes Reunited website has an offer on for about a month of free access to the 1911 Census returns for a period of a month where you can actually view the details on the Census without having to pay.  http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/home/index

So even if you are not really researching your family tree as consistently as myself it might well be worth you popping over and having a look because it might just help clarify information that you have but which is a bit blurry round the edges.  It is making my ancestors come alive with little bits of information that we just were not aware of.  My Nan was one of 5 so we understood.  However she was actually one of 9 (4 children lost which I still have to research) and her older sisters were at least 15 16 years older than her so quite a long marriage with her real mother (who died when she was about 4 1/2 years old (within six months her father had remarried) but I did not even know my real great grandmother's name which is Sarah Coxon nee Ashcroft.

We are getting there very very slowly.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Isn't it fascinating looking back into our ancestry? We are both researching ours too, sometimes it seems like you've come to a full stop and suddenly you can whiz along 3 or 4 generations within hours.
    Glad you've been able to sort some more of the puzzle out :o)
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts