All things Chocolate


This morning I have had a treat for my breakfast or should I say petit dejeuner.  I am a real fan of croissants (having acquired the taste for them in Belgium when I was seven spread lavishly with chocolate hazlenut spread.   I have for a change had two pain au chocolat with a nice mug of tea.  I would have preferred coffee but my system no longer copes with coffee so we have to make the best of what we have available to us and I must say it has been a lovely treat.  

In the run up to Christmas I tend to stock up with quite a bit of proper chocolate for use in home made truffles etc or home made bark.  As I had to nip to the shop as I had run out of potatoes (will get a sack at the weekend) and I happened to be browsing when I noticed that the Co-op had an offer on two bars of proper confectioners chocolate  for £2.00 so whilst there I snaffled a few bars to put up in the pantry for Christmas and for future use. Christmas would not be Christmas without home made rum balls a ganache method which makes the most yummy of home made chocolates and as I am going to be home in the run up to Christmas these are most definitely on the list.  Will pop my recipe for Rum Balls up on the Christmas Recipe Tab later on for those of you who want to indulge.

Right must dash.

Catch up with you all later  have a good day

Pattypan

xx

Comments

Popular Posts