Check List for Saturday

I have a few things I want to do on Saturday that I have been putting off although I have kept the fruits etc in the fridge so they have kept pretty well.  They consist of the following:

  • Cranberry and Apple Jelly.
  • Lemon Curd
  • Orange Curd
  • Grapefruit Curd
  • Grapefruit Cordial/Syrup
  • Mandarin/Clementine Syrup
  • Sweet Chilli Sauce
  • Sweet Ginger Sauce
  • Pickled Red Cabbage
  • Souper Paste
  • 2 batches of Orange Wine
  • 2 batches of Lemon Wine
That will do for starters but I am also looking for Seville Oranges.  I have about 5 bottles of Rose Wine put up - I just need to get some Vodka and then I will be able to put up some Vin d'Orange  up in readiness for Christmas next year.

I also need more Seville Oranges as I have recipes for Seville Orange Curd, Seville Orange Liqueur, Marmalade and Candied Citrus Peel.

Whoever said January was a quiet month  Now I just need to make sure that I have enough sugar in to complete the same.

Oh and I am after some more mens shirts in blues and whites this time in readiness for another quilt.  So I will be popping to the Charity shop this weekend.

Looks like I am going to be busy.

Catch up soon

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Hi, sounds like you have a busy few days ahead - it all sounds very yummy though! Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jay and welcome

      Its always busy here even on quiet days and when I make batches they are used interspersed throughout the year unless it is a particularly fragile preserve and in the long run I get more for my money. Although one thing have promised myself is a lay in tomorrow morning. I want to get the winemaking up and started early this year so that I can have a mixed stock come Christmas. Orange and lemon wines in the past have been the house staple.

      Thanks for popping by

      Pattypan

      x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts