Saturday Update

Its been a busy pottery day here today; cold and freezing it started with me having my lay in and I did not rise until 11 am I was out for the count probably due to all that walking yesterday. I have felt drained most of the day so it has been a very quiet day. It was then feeding time for the animals and letting out Demetri was in a hurry as usual so I let him out he then for the next 5 minutes continued to voice his displeasure at the snow he just doesn't like it one little bit.  Sqeak doesn't mind it and tends to go scatty as does Missy who really loves it.  I also popped some bread and wild bird seed out for the local birds.

I then paid a visit to the veg shop and stocked up on fresh veggies, sweet potatoes,  swede,carrots, squash, parsnips, broccoli, cabbage, red onions, cauliflower, leeks, apples, pears, oranges, cooking apples,  and 6kg Seville Oranges to be processed into Seville Orange Marmalade and Vin D'Orange respectively for the Pantry shelf, and I have ordered some more as I have some other recipes I want to have a go at.  The rest of the veggies though will make for good eating in the days to come especially with the weather being so cold.  I still have a few vegetables left over from the other week so I am going to make a batch of home made veggie soup to help ward off some of this bad weather. I will freeze some of it as well so that we do not get too bored with it.

I have also stocked up on some tinned goods.  I have always kept an extensive supply of tinned goods in with varying ingredients as they help pad out a meal or form the basis of a meal in the long term.  I have managed to get Heinz tomato, chicken, scotch broth soups on offer  and also marrowfat peas, and mushy peas as well as a couple of tins of cannellini beans which I use in soups and stews to help pad the food out a bit more.  I have also stacked up on Branston Baked Beans and also the  cup a soups and Heinz soup sachets for OH.  I still have to stock up on chick peas and tinned tomatoes and Tuna.  There are other bits I need to but these are the main ones at the moment.

I also popped into the charity shop and came away with a medium sized decorated Pannetone tin and some faux pears for the fruit bowl and a  pretty necklace.  Will pop some photos up later. 

I have also been doing a little knitting and some crotchet.  Have to keep busy.

We had a lovely hot tea tonight toad in the hole with carrots, broccoli cabbage and mashed potatoes and onion gravy.  Went down a treat especially as it is perishing out tonight.  

I am hoping to get a little baking done at some point tomorrow and have roast chicken for Sunday dinner with all the trimmings.

We have not had snow today but it has been well slippy and icy - we had a lot of snow last night, although the forecast is not good for tomorrow. 

Please keep safe and warm wherever you may be.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts