Cheap Books from The Book People

On a regular basis have very good offers on books and over Christmas and I had some Christmas present money to use up and I ordered a couple of collections of books plus some extra books.

I have sent for the River Cottage collection for £17.00.  Here is the link


The package consists of the following titles

  • Mushrooms
  • Preserves
  • Bread
  • Veg Patch
  • Edible Seashore
  • Sea Fishing
  • Hedgerow
  • Cakes
  • Fruit
  • Herbs 
I am still awaiting delivery of this collection of ten books which works out at £1.70 per book.

I also ordered a self sufficiency collection of books for £7 the set of 12 books an even greater saving.

That collection consists of the following titles:

 Grow Your Own
  • Preserving
  • Spinning, Dyeing and Weaving
  • Household Cleaning
  • Foraging
  • Hen Keeping
  • Beekeeping
  • Soap Making
  • Home Brewing
  • Natural Remedies
  • Herbs and Spices
  • Cheese Making
I received these yesterday and there is quite some considerable bedtime reading to plough through but that should keep me out of mischief or get me into it one way or another.

I have ordered some other books as well on the theme of self sufficiency and/or food.

I am very interested in making things at home as you know and intend to do some experimentation this year with having a go at making my own salami and other meat preserves.  I have a recipe for pastrami which I am quite keen to have a go at also.  I have ventured into making home made terrines, pork pie and savoury turkey banqueting pies in the past so I am not a complete stranger but cured meats is something new to me altogether and something I want to get to grips with also.

I am also interested in experimenting with home made cheeses of different sorts and one of the books deals with cheese making in general.  

I am also interested in home smoking items as you can smoke both meat and cheese.  So the projects will hopefully roll into one another.

So it looks as though I am going to be busy!

Catch you all again soon

Pattypan

x





Comments

Popular Posts