Weekend round up

It was OHs birthday yesterday and poor soul  was poorly and spent most of the day in bed.  The cold seems to have gone to his chest.  I therefore made a big pan of home made onion soup to try and keep the bugs at bay. I had intended on cooking him a nice meal for his birthday but that had to be put on hold until today.  Unfortunately he seems to have passed the bug on!

It was shopping day yesterday where I stocked up on the monthly supplies of food inlcuding plenty of fresh veg from the veggie shop plenty of bargains I bought Seville Oranges for £1.67 per kilogramme and I have a couple of different recipes to make during the week; some plums for plum jam a good dollop in home made rice pudding or jammy steamed pudding springs to mind and some lemon curd, home made lemonade, lemon chutney and lemon cordial is also on the cards so it looks as though I am going to be busy during the week that is if this cold keeps at bay.

Whilst at the Coop they have had an offer on for New Zealand shoulder of lamb for about £5 to £6 a piece and that is what we have had for teat today served with roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, sweet potato roasted, parsnip roasted. Home made cauliflower cheese and mixed veggies. Very nice it was too and we have a repeat performance for tomorrow nights tea.  Most people ignore the shoulder but you can get quite a lot of tasty meat off this cheaper cut which is just as delicious as the leg.

I am hoping to have a baking day next Saturday to help fill up the pack up boxes.

Catch you later

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. I hhope your hubby is better soon, and that you don't get too poorly with this same bug. Your cooking sounds delicious and I'm sure a repeat performance today will taste just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like shoulder of Lamb, it is sweeter and more tender than Leg and so versatile. I am exactly the same with Pork. I am not making many preserves this year, my pantry shelves are still full from last year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts