Busy, Busy, Busy

Its been a bit hectic here for the past few days; I scrubbed the kitchen and the bathroom out completely- the really deep clean - with having animals in the house you cannot be too careful -  and sorted out a load of rubbish to boot  we have to go to the tip tomorrow as a result. 

The washing machine man came and sorted out my washing machine out putting in a new drum and block.  So I am now up and running working my way through a fortnight's worth of washing and it is slowly getting done and dried.

Today we had an early start as my new freezer arrived a 400 litre chest freezer and I have also popped some of today's purchases in as well as emptying and re-decanting frozen items from the upright which has jut about packed up as well.  Its brilliant - the new one that is.  OH and I went round Waitrose last evening ostensibly just for one or two items but having a good recce of their frozen section as well which was very interesting one or two items aroused our interest and which we will no doubt get in due course.

Today we went to Morrisons at Stamford taking mum with us - we haven't gone for a Turkey this year but have gone for a Turkey bomb and I have also bought a whole Salmon which was on offer I am going to prepare some Gravad Lax with this - the Fishmonger filleted and prepared the fish fully.  I have never done this before and am looking forward to having  a go at preparing this.

I also have some fresh herbs thyme, dill and sage will get others as I go along.

I still have further shopping to do but that will be Tuesday  before I go for that.

Anyway must get a wriggle on

Catch you soon

Pattypan

xx

Comments

  1. All sounds delicious.

    Merry Christmas darl
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimmie

    Merry Christmas to you and Stu too. I hope it will be never made Gravadlax before - well its got two chances I will let you know how I get on. Love to you both.

    Pattypan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts