Eves or Apple Pudding

I a trying to get ahead of myself a little bit by cooking tomorrow's pudding tonight as I a going to have the oven on this evening for cooking liver and bacon casserole (and we have pancakes for afters) I thought I would do a ring of scones but also an Eve's Pudding.  I have some apple puree left over from the other night and it would be a pity to waste it so its going into pudding.

For the Eve's pudding

450g/1lb cooking apples peeled cored and sliced
75g/3oz caster sugar

Sponge Mix

200g/4oz self raising floiur
pinch of salt
100g/4oz butter
100g/4oz caster sugar
2 eggs beaten
30ml (2 tablespoon) fresh milk
fresh cream or custard to serve

Arrange apples in layers in a 2 1/2 pint greased ovenproof dish sprinkling sugar between layers.

To make the sponge

Sift the flour and salt into a bowl.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy

Add eggs a little at a tie with a spoonful of flour between each addition to stop curdling beating well after each addition.

Fold in remaining flour alternately with milk.

Add the sponge mix to the top of the apples making sure well covered.




Bake at 180degrees C/3509 degrees F Gas mark 4 for 1 - 1 1/4 hours until when testing with a skewer the skewer comes out clean.



Serve with lashings of warm custard.

Guaranteed to bring a smile to light up your face - comfort food at its best.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x


Comments

  1. Oh Pattypan, Eve's Pudding is my favourite, even beating Rhubarb Crumble and Treacle Sponge. I am not as good as you though, I make a 2 egg all in one mix and put on the apples, so much quicker. Liver and bacon for dinner, I have not cooked that for a few weeks, better get it in next weeks meal plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam

    I just love puddings and I a partial to Eve's pudding as well. The liver and bacon makes a very cheap meal for a family and a very tasty meal. The liver cost me £2.50 per kilo the bacon is what I cured myself plus onion seasoning and gravy then served with mashed potatoes makes a very filling meal especially at this time of year. Glad I got the taste buds going.

    Take care

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts