The Rose Beyond the Wall

I have my Aunty Barbara's (Doreen's) funeral to attend today, bless her 87 when she passed.  We (that is Mum and I) are travelling by train to Lincoln to meet up with my Uncle before going on to Ollerton to the funeral and then the return journey later on.     

The following verse is a well known one by A L Frink, but nevertheless an adaptation of the original.  I post this for any of you have lost loved ones.

A rose once grew where all could see
Sheltered beside a garden wall
And as the days passed swiftly by
It spread its branchest straight and tall.

One day a beam of light shone through
A crevice that had opened wide - 
The rose bent gently towards its warmth
Then passed beyond to the other side

Now you, who deeply feel its loss
Be comforted - the rose blooms there -
Its beauty even greater now,
Natured by God's own loving care

Rest in peace Aunty Barbare reunited with Uncle Stan


Pattypan

xx



Comments

Popular Posts