One of the satisyfing things of...

Having a good sort out is finding things you sort of knew you had but end up re-acquainting yourself with exactly what you have.  Yesterday was like that for me as I have found several part works I have collected and a couple of them are going to be very useful in the weeks to come.  That is satisfying in itself as I have not had to buy anything and I think that for the best part I also have the materials available so double satisfaction. I speak of a cross stitch part-work and also an embroidery part-work collected a lot of years ago. Both of which are going to be useful with some small projects I have in mind.  I want to get back to creating and playing again and I am hoping to do that in the not too distant future and I am also looking forward to getting my sewing equipment and materials neatly sorted out so that I can find them when I want them. 

OH is intending going fishing next weekend so he says so I am hoping to have a little play then.  I want something straightforward but practical to do. A little me time to play. Instead of just doing housework all the time. 

For a long time now I have been collecting and harboring various upholstery fabrics with a view to turning them into a quilt/throw.  Mostly in golds and reds.  Marks & Spencer's a few years ago were selling the quilt/throws which is where I got the idea from.  At the time I could not afford their version.  But you know how something sticks in your mind and just does not budge.  That is what has happened here.  The idea is sort of based very loosely on a log cabin, but it is more free-form than that although uses the same principles.  Its just on a larger scale and not made up of several squares but just one huge one. I need to make two; one for each of the settees.  Well that's the plan.  I can make the tops but will need to purchase batting, backing and wadding.  But at least its a start.  Everything in moderation - take several bites of the cherry if you need to in an effort to get things completed.  That's my recent lesson and one I intend to take into the future.  Hopefully that will free up some more space for something else.  I also have some cushion covers to make.  Yet again I have the fabric but I will need to purchase zips.

OH I also got rid of some craft magazines and some books I did not want a double lilo and footpump from our camping days will also go to them next weekend.  The magazines have been dropped off.  Still a way to go.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I hope that you are able to sit down next weekend and make a start on your throws. I am always too busy during the summer to do much crafting, but as soon as the longer evenings arrive, I start to blow the dust off my crafting projects.

    Good to see you again, and thank you for your kind comment about Amber's death. You are always very comforting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB

    For the past 8 weeks or so I have been out of the house and not had any time for myself. OH says he is fishing this weekend which means he will take Missy the Jack Russell with him that just leaves me and the cats. Which means quality quiet time to concentrate and play. I have had the fabric for about five years so its time to get things moving. I can ill afford the time but if you don't have a play every now and then things get too mundane. Pity I am not nearer I think we would lead each other astray! Glad that you have company with Dawn and Pam. Lovely ladies. I am sorry about Amber and the loss of a much loved pet is never easy. They bring so much into our lives and yet take so little. I know what a gap it leaves. Thank you for your lovely comments you are making me blush. Take care friend. [hugs] Pattypanxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been an avid collect of part works, the embroidery one is it Needlecraft by any chance, I have a full collection of it and most of the kits have never been done. I had a clear out of a load of craft magazines was going to donate them and by chance I advertised them and made £60 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dawn

    One was the Cross Stitch Collection the other Embroidery Magic. Have had them for quite a few years. Still got the first part work collection collected as a Teenager Golden Hands plus loads of others. I have loads of Needlecraft, Embroidery, Classic Stitches Magazines, Anna - and loads of others am going to have to have a good sort out and get them into magazine stands for storage so that I can access them properly. Trouble is I know I have to have a clear out but I actually love all my books, magazines and part works. They are old friends who I return to time and time again. Must get them sorted though. I had thought of Ebaying them or something similar. Will have to see how the sorting goes. Take care Pattypan x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts