Minted Lamb




Is what we have had for tea this evening and it was gorgeous.  Last week when we went to the Farm Shop I picked up from the counter one double lamb cutlet as that was all they had on display.  However they went and cut us another one and minted it.  However we have not had chance to have it this week so that is the reason we have had this tonight as I just did not want to waste such good meat.

I served it simply with new potatoes, mixed veg of peas, cauliflower, broccoli and carrot together with some mixed cabbage that I picked up from M & S earlier in the week.

I cook the lamb slowly in a tray in the cooker in water letting the flavours already on the lamb seep into the gravy.  I add water, mint jelly, redcurrant jelly, stock pots or stock cubes, some marigold stock seasoning and a liberal sprinkling of white pepper (I cook a lot with pepper but not so much salt) and then bring this to the boil.  I then reduce the heat and let it cool a little before adding some slaked cornflour and water to thicken it up.  Very tasty it was too.

I am now slightly stuffed.

It will be tomorrow evening before we have the Jacobs Ladder and I intend to serve this simply with some roasties (potatoes and parsnip) Yorkshire pudding, peas, carrots and cauliflower.

 The Hogget will probably be for next Saturday tea as OH is going fishing from Sunday for the week.  It looks like I am going to get some sewing time (I hope).

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts