Lovely Day

For my birthday  The weather has been gorgeous I have seen cowslips on the roadside and bluebells in the woods.  Even though I have been at work and been busy it has been a good day where I have received lots of birthday greetings, there has been lots of cake and then I was taken out for my birthday tea to the Green Man at Marholm.  A favourite haunt an old thatched pub with a very comfortable welcome and lovely food as well as a good drop of cider and Tribute beer.  We dined on fish.  I like fresh fish and we had a starter of prawns and scallops in garlic butter with strips of bread to soak into the butter sauce.  It was divine and the garlic was ahmm just perfect.  We then had beer battered cod, mushy peas, tartare sauce and chips.  Absolutely delish. We were that stuffed we did not opt for a pudding as we were too stuffed but some of the puddings coming out of the kitchen made me wonder whether or not I could squeeze one in but I decided to err on the side of caution and be good for a change.

So all in all I have had a very pleasant day and lots of birthday wishes and greetings.  I feel so blessed and very lucky.  Thank you for all your good wishes and making my day special.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts