Its been one of those days

Where my mojo just got up and left the building. I have not got much achieved at all.  I have done a little more sorting in the garden - still not finished  - no photos until it is and I have watered up all the plants utilising the rain water which saved me going into the house for supplies.

I have dealt with the pork pie but it is presently cooling so will reveal when all nice and cold and the jelly has been added.  Does not look too bad for a first attempt.  Come pay day I will make some more and freeze them and just get them out as I need them.  That way going solo will prove to me whether I can make them or not.  I think in the longer term it will also be cheaper to do them myself this way.  Its given me some ideas to play with as well.  In the past I have made a very large feasting pie made from turkey breasts and sausage meat.  I think I may well be making some of these and dealing with them in the same way.  That way there will be no wastage and it might be a good Christmas present as well.

I have taken all the elderflower cordial out of the steriliser and they are stacked ready to be labelled.  I am looking forward to playing with my big shot in respect of that.

I have also done the bulk of the washing - have yet to deal with the ironing and have been lucky enough to get it dried outside.  I managed to get it dry in time as later on we have had rain again.  Its not cold just keeps raining.  

We have had fried egg, baked beans and home made chips for tea being as I have been busy pottering.  We don't do bad.

My Pork pie is cooked and I have gelled it.  Will cut it tomorrow.  Does not look too bad for a first attempt.


Right I had better get a wriggle on have to get ready for tomorrow. Another busy day.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. That pork pie looks absolutely delicious! Love fluffy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi maria thank you. it was not too bad now the experimentatmion starts. i think they r running a sausage course next. hope you are all keepjng well tricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi maria thank you. it was not too bad now the experimentatmion starts. i think they r running a sausage course next. hope you are all keepjng well tricia xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts