Rosemary Lamb and Lemon Kebabs

With the weather having been that much warmer when I get home at night I really do not fancy much to eat - well I do and I don't so that usually indicates to me that I need something light but tasty. I am also very fond of kebabs and lurking in my kitchen right now are some onions, lemons and courgettes as well as red peppers so I do have the requisite ingredients without having to go out and buy some more.

I have also been wading my way through some magazines looking for "Inspiration" when I found this nice light summer recipe in a magazine entitled "Inspirations".  I intend to do this for tomorrow night's tea.  I am therefore going shopping at lunch time for some lamb and some fresh thyme in order that I can prepare these for tea tomorrow.  The rosemary is growing in the garden.

You will need the following:

1lb 8oz of lamb (leg or neck fillet) (I am going to Waitrose to see if they have any of their packs of lamb cubes)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon of Paprika
3 cloves of garlic peeled and sliced
8 tablespoons of olive oil
8 tablespoons of red wine
4 lemons
5 tablespoons of tomato relish
3 red onions peeled
6 long rosemary stems

1.  cut the lamb into cubes  and place in a shallow dish.  Season with salt and freshly ground pepper sprinkle over the paprika then stir in along with the garlic.

2.  Whisk together the olive oil and wine vinegar and juice of one lemon. Pour this over the lamb then add tomato relish and mix well to completely coat the lamb.  Cover and chill and leave to marinate for at least two hours (mine will be left overnight).

3.  To stop you barbecue skewers which you will need to thread the kebabs onto you will need to soak these in warm water for about 10  minutes or so.  cut  3 of the lemons and the onions into wedges.  Then thread the lamb, lemon and onion alternately (I also intend to add red pepper and courgette)onto the skewers.  Remove any bushy pieces of rosemary from the stem and then wrap around or into the skewers.  I intend to grill mine but the recipe calls for the kebabs to go onto a barbecue for 15 to 20 minutes until meat is well browned.  Keep basting with the marinade throughout the cooking.

I intend to serve these with a side salad of barbecued/roasted pepper salad and some rice.

This should make a nice simple supper to start tonight but to finish tomorrow when I come home from work.

Sometimes you don't need much but it does have to be tasty to compensate.  I will probably either buy or if I have time make some Naan or pitta bread to go with this.  Will see how it goes.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts