WORK IN PROGRESS


Recent weeks have proved to me that I am never happier than when I am making something whether that be from materials from scratch on the crafting front or whether it be cooking, preserving making wine, gardening, doing general housework, decorating etc. etc.

However in reality I don't really get that much time to actually play unless I down tools and don't do something else and then I end up playing catch up.  It seems to be a theme that runs continually through my life. I really need a balance and also need to manage my time more carefully.  I have thought about this and it has come down to the fact that I need to block off periods of time for doing different things that way I should be able to get more things done, i.e. block out kitchen time and also sewing time and computer time.  If I want to get one particular piece finished and out the way then I will just follow through and use my next free slot until it is finished.  I think this is the only way I am going to get some play time.

So to start with I am tackling the ironing.   Boring I know but needs must.   It is much easier to manage when I am back on top of things but at the moment sadly I am not.  Other things have got in the way. Its a juggling job and sometimes I do not get it right. Once the ironing pile is completely done I will then be able to tackle the bathroom and give it a fresh coat of paint.  I have new bath mats and need to get some towel rails.   I also need new bins and a new toilet brush holder.  So the quicker I can get the ironing done the quicker I can set too on the bathroom and get that all tidy and pristine again.

The bulk of the kitchen is done but it needs painting out too - the walls and then the top coat of gloss.  The bathroom is downstairs and follows straight on from the kitchen but this is a terrace so things tend to get carried from room to room.

I have the paint for both rooms and ideally I would like to get these both squared up this week and completely finished. Its a tight work frame but it will mean that will mean the bathroom, kitchen and pantry are all spick and span.  An important thing for me in the run up to Christmas. 

Then it is the turn of the dining room.   Needs decorating throughout and re-wallpapering and new flooring.

Then of course there is the shed project which is closely inter-linked with the dining room.  I cannot tackle the dining room until the shed is done.  Might get OH on the shed base this weekend whilst I am doing the painting.   If he will paint the ceilings I can do the rest on the decorating front. So a lot of hard work planned now all have to do is bring it off  - which is the bit I tend to have trouble with.  Will have to see how it goes.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Sounds like you are getting your thoughts organised which is always the first step for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tracey - its getting them martialled and into order that is the problem but am slowly getting there. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts