Something for the Pantry Shelf - Mint Sauce






Over the years I have covered quite a few topics and quite a few different recipes.    In  my herb border I nearly always have mint growing unless I have replaced the plants in which case there is not much in there and then I buy in bunches from the local shop.  I just love the smell of fresh mint it is very invigorating. One of the simplest things to do is to make your own fresh mint sauce which gives a lift to any dish.  So therefore this small post is just a revisitation on a familiar theme.

We like fresh mint sauce and in fact OH will have mint sauce with anything.  It is not just restricted to serving with roast lamb. Its also one of the first things I remember being shown how to prepare at my Nan's knee and also at my mum's.  When we were older this became our responsibility i.e stripping the mint leaves and then popping them on the chopping board.  The chopping when we were younger was always dealt with by an adult.  That way we were made to feel as though we were helping.   We predominantly in the summer months eat freshly made mint sauce but regularly stockpile the keeping mint sauce.  At the rate OH goes through this it is the only way I can keep pace

FOR FRESH MINT SAUCE GO HERE


Or Mint sauce that can be kept on the pantry shelf and brought out as and when you want it.  I have this year's issue to make yet but as I replaced my plants earlier on I am waiting for some more growth on my mint plant.

FOR LONG TERM KEEPING MINT SAUCE FOR THE PANTRY SHELF GO HERE AND FOR OTHER RECIPES

Whichever type of mint sauce I make I always these days use a herb chopper as it prepares the mint evenly and to tell you the truth my knife skills are not up to snuff (my Achilles heel) but I get by.

Its surprising how something so useful can be made out of hardly nothing.  Just a little bit of graft which makes a sauce that totally lifts a meal.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan.

Comments

  1. I'm with your OH. Mint sauce any time, especially with any kind of gravey meal. Love it with sausages. Eloise

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts