I just am going to have to make this Hedgerow Terrine









...........Its speaking to me.  The simplicity and using up bread.  Sourdough is used in the recipe but on the basis that you use bread for summer puddings etc. I thought I would use an unsliced loaf and cut it in thick slices to achieve the same effect.  Here's me making use of what I have rather than necessarily going out and buying something.  It looks stunning and it necessarily uses up bread  that may go to waste and seasonal fruits from the hedgerow.
Ingredients:

750g of prepared hedgerow fruits as per the method below
50ml of red wine
5 tablespoon of golden caster sugar
8 slices of day old sour dough bread
clotted cream to serve

Method

Place the fruit and red wine into a saucepan with 4 tablespoon of the golden caster sugar.  Cook gently until the fruit is soft.  Taste and add extra sugar if too tart.

Remove the crusts from the bread spoon a little juice from the fruit into a non stick 900g loaf tin line the base of the tin with the slices of bread.  Using a draining spoon add half the fruit.  Continue layering the fruit and the bread finishing with a layer of bread.

Pour the juice from the saucepan into the tin allow to cool and then chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 8 hours and a maximum of 24 hours,

Carefully turn out the terrine onto a serving dish.  Cut into slices and serve with the clotted cream.

Cannot wait to try this.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. Gosh, that sounds wonderful. May have to make that myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi BB, I think it is a deconstructed summer pudding but my mouth started watering just reading the recipe. Will see if I can go out with OH to walk the dog after I finish work so that I can get some wild fruits. I have the bread in.

    Catch you soon.

    Pattypan

    x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts