Hello Everyone - big wave

Sorry I have not been out to play for a few days.  We had my step-son's wedding over the weekend and we stayed at the venue as well.  We have had a fantastic weekend.  The food, the hotel and the service was absolutely fantastic and the photographer was with us most of the day and the evening.  The bride was stunning and we are so pleased to have her join our family she is a lovely girl.  We had not met her family prior to the wedding (always a bit interesting) but they are fab too and we all got on really well.  They also think an awful lot of P.... my step-son so we think they have both made good choices.

We don't have any photos per se at the moment, but she chose an Edwardian style pearl studded dress which was quite slim fitting and had a small kick train.  The back plunged into a v shape and she had red roses in a hand tied bouquet and her hair although not long was in a bob style with ringlets which suited her and was very pretty.  We had very similar hairstyles by chance more than anything else.

The bridesmaids of which there were several were in pearl grey and the dresses gave the impression of a ballet dress.  The tops were shirred and then full skirted and with a bit of diamante round the neck and then ballet style pumps also in grey.  Really unusual and very effective.  Their hair was also up and braided.  It really looked lovely. 

For the wedding breakfast we had a delicious vegetable soup that was very Moorish served up with freshly baked buns.  Then chicken breast served in a white wine and mushroom sauce with al dente mixed veggies of peas, carrot and cauliflower.  For pudding we had white chocolate cheesecake also very Moorish and delightful accompanied by plenty of either red or white wine and then champers for the speeches.

The newly weds are currently on honeymoon in Mauritius so we hope they have a wonderful time.

It was such a lovely weekend it was a bit of a shock to come back to reality.

I do have some things to look forward too. I know I had said that I would wait until I purchased an embroidery machine but I have been made a very good offer which I would have been silly to have refused. I am in the process of purchasing an embroidery machine off a very good friend and am looking forward to having a go with this. I really am chuffed to little bits about this and very excited especially as I have been having a look at what you can and cannot do.  I can see a lot of potential with this now when it arrives (I am arranging for collection) - I always see the potential then it will be a matter of learning how to use it.  Am so, so chuffed.  Thank you Anne.  I feel very, very lucky.

I have the last week of September off which has been a long time coming and which I am looking forward to so hopefully if all goes to plan I should be able to play a little bit.  I have a lot to do between now and then though to make sure that I will be able to play.

Hopefully I will get back into the swing of things during the course of the next few days, but when you have really enjoyed yourself it is very difficult to get back into regular posting again.

Hope you are all keeping well.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan xx




Comments

  1. Pleased to hear that the wedding went well and a good time was had by all. Nice that you have some time off to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome pattypan, I hope you enjoy using it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts