Saturday thus far

It was really cold last night here in Peterborough the heating had to go on for a little while as the air was damp and chilled me to the bone.  OH when he walked the dog over down by the river commented that it was a little eerie as you could see the mist hanging over the fields and hugging the trees and the plants quite closely; September full of mist and mellow fruitfulness, spiders, fungi and mushrooms, trees shredding their leaves and the gentle degeneration and the start of a long sleep for many plants and shrubs; animals stocking their larders for winter use and some indeed feeding up before hibernating.  Another of our four seasons coming into play although this year I still think we are three weeks or so on from last year at the same time.

To tell you the truth I had planned on getting up early today to get on with certain tasks but in reality I have crashed out again with no energy and not much interest in anything although I am trying to do a little as I have so much to do.  It will pass it always does.   Its just the way I am built - even though I have had plenty of sleep I still seem to need more at certain times.  I am still on the Vitamin D tablets the course is due to finish soon but they have physically on the pain front done me so much good that I intend to carry on taking them once this course is finished as it is helping me so much.  As I said to the Doctor during the week I would not have thought that low vitamin D levels could cause so much pain; however I had not connected the dots, just thought it was the arthritis playing up.

I intend to have a lazy afternoon pottering, perhaps reading looking after myself for a change and giving myself some much needed tlc.

We have a beef stew for tea tonight with dumplings which will please OH as he is fond of them - me can take them or leave them  and I intend to serve the stew with some mashed potatoes.  I got a sack of Wilja potatoes from the Veg shop last week.  I always buy a sack when I can as during the winter months as a rule we go through a lot in various formats.  I might mix the potato up with some greens i.e. cabbage, kale or spring onions, but yet again I might make cheesy mash.  I have quite a bit of cheese to use up.  I also quite fancy a pudding tonight.  I could quite fancy an Eve's pudding with custard for tea tonight as well - comfort food of the highest order.

Right am off to rest.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts