Something for mid-day

We need something to eat mid-day but not to totally fill us up as I do not want to spoil our main meal by feeding too much.  I therefore thought I might do some brie and fried onion baguettes to help fill the gap.  I bought the brie the other day whilst in Waitrose and it is just ripe.  I normally like brie served with cranberry or redcurrant jelly but as OH is restricted on the sugar levels I thought that the fried onions might well be a good compromise and fit in with what he should or should not have.

Basically all you need are a couple of mini sized baguettes or one large one segmented, some brie and some fried onions, fried until they are golden.  I then cut the baguettes in half, but the baguette is still attached to its other piece.  Add the onions, slice the brie and layer it on top of the onion.  Then pop the lid on pop into microwave for a couple of minutes until the brie goes all gooey and then serve.  Yummy.  Should fill us until tea time with a bit of luck.  Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts