Sunday - what a busy day and apples

Following on from the earlier posts, I managed to get all the rubbish for this time sorted out and double bagged.  I always double bag everything for safety more than anything else.  We were under a little bit more pressure today as during the colder months the tip closes early on a Sunday at 4:00pm - whereas in summer it is 6:00pm, but we have managed to get this load sorted.  We will have more for next week as I am having a bit of a major clear out in order to find things and tidy things up a bit more generally.

We have not long got back from the tip and I am just sat for a few minutes having a hot coffee with a bit of rum.  It was freezing outside  and my hands hurt an awful lot but with all the sorting out and carrying bags to the car etc. I warmed up to what I was.  There was a frost here last night and I think we will probably get one tonight as well.

The washing machine is now whirring around and will then be tumbled  Shortly I will descend to the kitchen and complete the pickled shallots I prepared last night.

I have also picked the apples off one of our two ballerina trees.  We have had the trees about 20 years and this has been a very good year for apples on one of the trees. We cannot remember the names of the trees as it has been so long since we bought them but  I am very pleased to have these and are keeping them for eating from the fruit bowl.  It is good to have something from the garden.  Nature is a wonderful thing.  I love fruit trees, I grew up surrounded by them at my Nan and Pops and we used to go and help with the picking every year.  I miss that and going out into the garden and scrumping an apple to eat.



I also got a little boost in one of my mum's flower tubs.  One of her beautiful Fuschias had survived and has flowered.  Yet again I do not know the variety but is a very lovely surprise.  I like to think it is my mum intervening and showing by subtle means that she is still around.






Right upwards and onwards.  Have to get ready for work tomorrow.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts