Unexpectedly

.... and out of the blue we have been to Johnson's the Butchers at Old Hurst again.  OH had spoken about it to a colleague at work who had seemed very interested.  He lives much closer than we do to the Butchers so last minute a trip was arranged and we had breakfast which was very welcome on this cold morning.

There was another reason behind this meet up in that OH's Department have a Christmas party looming where partners are also welcome.  Colleagues partner was nervous as she did not know anyone so that was the second reason for meeting up so that she had a friendly face in the crowd at the party.  It is always daunting going somewhere new and not knowing anybody.  I have been there.  However the group he works with are a good bunch and we always end up having a good laugh and a giggle.  I think both parties enjoyed today's jaunt.  It also goes to prove what a small world this is as the male of the couple involved is also the brother of another friend of ours.  We had a good time and they were very impressed with the quality of the 

Its been a lovely bright beautiful morning however petrifyingly cold - that wind has a really bitter edge.  Out came the hat, scarf and mitts today as well. Fortunately I am blessed in having a really warm coat that stops the wind penetrating and also my Ugg boots which are absolutely worth every penny - they are so warm and comfortable.  Would not be without them now.  I am very lucky in this respect.

We have bought some hot Cornish pasties fresh out of the oven home (having these for tea tonight), a Steak and Venison Pie, some bacon, some chippolatas and a little cheese.  Did not need much on this front this time though.  However in their preserves section there were quite a few new items which I had never had or tried before so some jars have found their way into the basket for test driving so if I like them I shall be searching for recipes and then producing them myself next year.  Interestingly enough they also had some flavoured vinegars which had been turned into dressings in tiny little bottles at about £3 a bottle.  Most of those fruit vinegars I have produced myself in any event i.e. Raspberry, Strawberry, Blackberry and passionfruit.  There are also my herb flavoured vinegars and the pre-existing bought vinegars that I already have ideal for mixing my own dressings and also for using on top of a winter salad or my favourite Toasted Goats cheese ciabatta salad.  Yum.

Right now I need to schedule what I have bought today for updating the Christmas Stash list, it needs doing again as it is at least a couple of weeks since I did this last.

Now I really need to get a wriggle on lots to do.

Catch you later.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts