Meals for the slow cooker from the freezer

I am quite frequently on Facebook these days as I follow a couple of online forums for machine embroidery and also for canning. I am therefore always looking for recipes, ideas for quick meals that I can prepare and process myself and store in the freezer.  Just recently I spotted on Facebook a link to several what appear to be useful slow cooker recipes.  I use a slow cooker on a regular basis and  I have about five slow cookers of different sizes.  I am a great advocate of them especially as I work full time.  Cooking from scratch is very important to me and this particular article  I think it covers quite a lot of things that are important to me.  I therefore thought I would share as I am sure I am not the only person wanting to feed their family and themselves healthy meals but also maximise the time we do have in spending time with the family or enjoying our hobbies.  Much as I love cooking sometimes you just do not want to be tied to the kitchen sink especially after a long hard day at work.  I am going to have a go at these for my freezer so hopefully we will have tea in the week rather quickly after we get home from work.

The link is here 



I have yet to try the same but on paper they seem to tick all the boxes.  If these work they will become a regular weekday put away for the freezer for meals during the week.  OH can always put these on when he gets home before walking the dog.

The recipes consist of:

Chicken noodle soup

Beef Brisket

Chicken beans and rice

Honey glazed chicken

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

Chicken Cacciatore

Enchilada Chilli

Taco Soup

Beef Stroganoff

Shepherds Pie

So quite a big choice there.



There are also further slow cooker recipes here:

http://slowcooker-freezer.cooktopcove.com/topic.php?id=36

We shall have to see how things go but it sounds really promising.

Catch you soon.

Pattypan

x






Comments

  1. This perked my interest for obvious reasons! The honey glazed chicken sounds very nice. I've read the link and think it might be something I could do on a 'batch cooking' session....once we have eaten the freezers down that is. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts