From Book to Movie

Having read The Pillars of the Earth and getting a feel for the storyline I now want to see the Mini series again and get a feel as to whether the producers have stayed true to the storyline.  I  enjoyed the series the first time round but that was a few years ago now. So hopefully this coming weekend I will get chance to start watching it so that I can make a comparision.  I must say it is an absolutely riveting and wonderful book where real life events have formed the basis and structure giving meat and flesh with some leeway on actual events but with really wonderful characters that leap out of the page as if real flesh and blood.  A truly powerful story woven by a master storyteller.  I shall report back on the mini series shortly.

In the interim I have been reading a new book which is a Richard and Judy choice.  Called the Witchfinder General's sister by a completely new author. Beth Underdown.  See here for further information:  https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/31377300-the-witchfinder-s-sister

I must say that I am enjoying this - it is different

Catch u soon.  Pattypan xx

Comments

Popular Posts