Update on the knitting

Good morning.  Its brghh here in Peterborough although we have had the Shepherd's warning. I have woken up to a fuzzy pink and lilac sky. I am not reading at the moment and so am managing to squeeze in a bit of knitting before I go to sleep.  I thought I would update you with progress so far. 

I am now nearly two balls in to the scarf so not doing badly for a non-knitter.  I had hoped the knitting would make my fingers a little more supple.  However my hands are protesting at the moment.  It reminds me when I learnt to type on a manual typewriter where you really had to bash the keys to get an imprint and then the dinging of the bell when you returned the carriage.  Happy days.  My hands hurt for ages until I got used to it. So I assume it will be the same with the knitting.

Anyway I do not think I am doing too badly.  The first photo shows the scarf part way through the second ball.  The last one shows the two balls used.  I am now on to the third ball.  The wool is an extra chunky one and it is the first time I have knitted with this its growing reasonably quickly but it is hard to pull up the stitches which is why I think I have the pains in my hands.





This has been achieved with only a little time each day on the pick up and put down basis.  Still quite a way to go though but at least it is growing which is a big thing for me. Am determined to get it finished as soon as I can.

Catch you later on.

Pattypan

x

Comments

  1. I am always pleased by using those - otherwise lost - moments of the day to put a few stitches or a few rows into making something. I love the colours you are using and I hope your hands don't get too sore from the knitting of your scarf. Onwards and upwards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty colours. I am a non knitter. I must try to make something like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty colors! The scarf looks great to me...and it looks like it will be very warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathie I hope it is nice and warm that is what I am aiming for with it. I like the colours too and doing this is making me itch to knit a cardigan in marled colours like this as well. We will see get this one out the way first. Take care. Pattypanxx

      Delete
  4. I am a knitter and over the years it has become painful. Penny finally dropped and it is dk and above that are the problem. Having gone down to 4ply my hands don’t hurt so much. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Buttercup. That makes sense. Thank you. I usually knit in double knitting or very occasionally four ply. I have never used a super chunky before and I do not know whether I will again will have to see. Take care. Pattypan xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hello, thank you for popping by

Popular Posts