Keep Warm Keep Safe

I walked again to work today; I did not trust being taken to work on four wheels and thought I would be safer in the long run on my own two pegs. I wrapped up well (3 jumpers today - plenty of layers) my really thick down coat gloves and a shawl but it was still perishing the cold has a bite and more to it.  Was not too bad a jaunt in although the pavements were well and truly iced up.  Funnily enough I did not fall apart I nearly went over a couple of times where people had cleared the pavements at the end of their passages and then the pavement froze and it was slippery ice.

We still have quite a bit of snow but not as much as some others.  In the surrounding villages and in Stamford there have been severe difficulties.  Some of the Stamford girls ended up coming and working in the office with us today as they could not get to the office again. The office closed early again (my normal time) but on Wednesdays and Thursdays the Lawyers usually work extra until about 8pm.  The sky looked full of snow again when we came home and it has gone slightly warmer so I would not be surprised if we had more overnight.  I hear Lincolnshire is badly affected - but when I was a kid it was always very badly affected throughout the county and the snow fences used to be put up on the main roads where the snow used to drift really badly.  Keep safe everyone and keep warm wherever you may be and check on elderly neighbours to make sure that they are okay and that they do not need anything; its bad enough for us youngsters!

Take care.

Pattypan

x

Comments

Popular Posts